Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

No fish today


You have heard me complain about fish oil “hidden” in bread.


Well, I am not going to complain about a new product that I found at the store last weekend: cheese with omega 3 fatty acids.This is good news. The main source of omega 3 fatty acids is fish.


But in its new +Plus Omega 3 string cheese, Sorrento has created a product that “is made with milk containing a high level of DHA and EPA omega-3s,” the company said in a press release that moved on PRNewswire.I bought the cheese and ate a stick of it on the way home; I am no cheese connoisseur, but I thought it was pretty good.


And I felt smarter the minute I had finished it.


Not really, but scientists do say omega 3’s are critical to brain development, and who can’t support that?


The package I bought was $3.99 and it was sticks of individually packaged cheese. I am not big on all that packaging, but I am big on saving fish.


For more information about the cheese, or any of Sorrento’s products, visit: http://www.sorrentocheese.com/


(Sure hope they don't mind me using their image here)

1 Comments:

Blogger Daithi Jane said...

Hi It sounds like a good product. Calcium and Omega 3's! I will try it.
Perhaps Breck will like it (: Yaa!

November 14, 2008 12:43 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home