Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Brownies and cookies and cupcakes, oh my!

On Friday night, I attended an all-you-can-eat vegan dessert buffet (=heaven??) at Fuel coffee shop in New Haven, a benefit for the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in New York.

All the desserts were provided by Little Vegan Monsters, a small New Haven based company. There was a huge selection of cookies, cupcakes, cakes, breads, etc etc. I was so impressed with the quality of these baked goods.

Since going vegan, the thing I've missed most by far are baked goods. The event Friday gave me hope that delicious baked goods are still in the picture for me--I just have to work a little harder to find them.

Also this weekend, a vegan friend kindly gave me an extra copy of her book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I've heard very good things about this book, and can't wait to try some of the recipes. Many of them are complex, and a little intimidating, but I'm thinking about trying one for a bake sale we're holding at the office this week. The stakes are high to impress an office full of skeptical omnivores. I'll let you know how it goes.

And if anyone knows where I can find the Little Vegan Monsters' recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I would be very appreciative.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home