Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dogster??

Okay, I know this is a real stretch for this blog, but I couldn't resist the urge to share it. There's an article in today's New York Times Style Section about Dogster, a facebook-like social networking site for, you guessed it, dogs. Now I'm an animal lover (proud owner of 2 ferrets) and also a member of Generation Facebook, but I think this is utterly ridiculous.

According to the article, Dogster's popularity (there are approximately 350,000 (!) members) has already resulted in the creation of Catster, which has about 145,000 members. The article also quotes Ted Rheingold, the founder of Dogster, as promising a similar site soon for horses, dogs and fish. I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the day I can get a real-time newsfeed on my cell phone of my fish friends' musical tastes, relationship status and movie ratings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home