Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let us eat cake





Help! I need a good vegan cake recipe.
I have a family function to attend this weekend and the guest of honor is my beautiful niece, Daisy, 8, who is a vegetarian. Her dad, however, my brother Colin, is a vegan. By special request from Daisy, who told my mother that Auntie Helen makes "beautiful cakes," I have been happily tasked with making the cake for the happy event. As those who know me would know (and you know who you are) this cake must also have frosting. This is a plea to all you vegans out there for assistance with this important task. I would not mind a recipe or two for festive vegan fare I could bring to the party so Colin has options too. If no one answers my call, I will let everyone know how I muddled through somehow.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! If you haven't made the cake yet, I present you with this recipe! I made it for someone's birthday and it was delicious. I added chocolate chips too. I don't have a recipe for frosting as I went the lazy route and bought some frosting that just happened to be vegan. Anyway, here is the link:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6686.0

PS: I found your blog through Colin!

December 08, 2007 11:28 AM 
Blogger Helen Bennett Harvey said...

Thanks Nicole...I tried the recipe. The cake looks good, will let you know how it tasted!

December 08, 2007 10:15 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend recently served me cake with a banana chocolate frosting. She got it from some vegan cookbook. Basically she melted chocolate and blended it in the blender with banana and a little extra sweetener and vanilla. It was excellent and a lot like a "real" frosting.

Also, the basic great cake from Mary Estella's natural foods cookbook is very good. It works well with barley flour, which is wheat free but not gluten free.

P.S. I found your blog through Pam.

January 22, 2008 9:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home