Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Indian cuisine

Here's a little free advertising for Trader Joe's: My new favorite thing is their "Indian Fare" line of products. They have a variety of Indian dishes that come in little sealed packages, $1.99 apiece that don't need to be refrigerated. They're very portable and wonderful for bringing to work for lunch. My favorite so far is the Punjab Eggplant.

I know very little about Indian cuisine beyond my visits to local Indian restaurants, which I love. However, it's always struck me as one of the more vegetarian-friendly cuisines, with most restaurants having a large vegetarian section on the menu. I've recently taken an interest in trying to cook this food for myself (since eating out is expensive). What a stroke of luck when a man from Baltimore who wrote and published an Indian cookbook contacted Helen and me after coming across our blog. He was kind enough to send me a copy of his book and I plan to start experimenting soon with the recipes. I'll document my experience and get back to you.

In the meantime, if you know any good Indian recipes, please send them along!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say "ditto" to Lauren's blog - I am not a major fan of Indian fare, but two of my kids are and they love those Trader Joe's premade meals - and one is learning to make Indian dishes on her own.

January 16, 2008 2:17 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home