Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sushi X hits the spot


I was really in the mood for breakfast. That's what my son and I usually do on Saturday morning.

He had another idea, however.

Sushi X.

This kid really knows how to pick them.

He assured me there would vegetarian fare among the incredible number of dishes and types of sushi that this amazing little West Haven restaurant makes. He was right about that too.

The waitress, Chloe, also made a point of pointing out salads, soups, appetizers and other items that contained no meat.

And these turned out to be little bits of veggie heaven. The sweet potato appetizer was sweet and crunchy, the seaweed salad was a heap of green goodness, the soup was loaded with fresh veggies and the avocado and cucumber rolls tasted so fresh one could imagine Sushi X has a garden out back.

I am not one much for promoting products - it can be fraught with pitfalls - but in this case I am going give a thumbs up to Sushi X.

I realize it serves a lot of fish - which I would never eat - but this Capt. Thomas Boulevard eatery also readily serves up a menu full of animal free offerings.

The one warning I must give is that Sushi X's menu is an all-you-can-eat deal - and if you go be prepared to make sure you don't order more than you can eat. They don't like waste, and that's a credo I like too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great restaurant!

January 31, 2010 11:22 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home