Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Monday, February 8, 2010

What's on your list?

Talk about good news.
Vegetarians made the Huffington Post. Everyone knows that is uber cool.
The author of this particular piece, in fact, lauded vegetarians in a list entitled "Seven Things I Love About Vegetarians."
Now, I can think of more than seven things to love about vegetarians, but I think seven is a good start.
I think my favorite among writer Olivia Rosewood's list is No. 2: They have found a way to live without eating anyone who once had a mommy.

That's a good one.

She also points out, however, that a vegetarian lifestyle helps cut down on the pervasive problem of cow flatulence. People love to talk about cow gas don't they?
I think No. 1 on my list of things to love about vegetarians is that my niece Daisy convinced me to be one when she was about five years old. I have two daughters who had already gone that route from a very young age and while I always supported them in their decision, it was Daisy who finally convinced me.

Next on my list of things to love about vegetarians is that everyone would get to eat if everyone were a vegetarian. More on that in another blog post.
But for now, what tops your list of things to love about vegetarians? I bet you can think of more than seven too.
Read Rosewood's full story here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go daisy!

February 08, 2010 11:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home