Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grow your own food!!

I just love that vegan chef Mary Lawrence encourages folks to garden.
What better way could there to be bring fresh food to your table and to your family. I hope my family does more of it this growing season. (Stay tuned! The photo at bottom is a flower outside my home.)
In a recent newsletter, Mary says: "Are you a chef who likes to garden? Me, too! I've combined two of my favorite activities into a demonstration that I hope will be a ton of fun as we discuss 'Planning and Planting a Chef's Garden.'"
"This class will teach you how to choose 'double duty' plants that are not only easy to care for, but will reward you throughout the season."

Her event will be held 6:30-8:00 p.m. April 5 at the Bethel Public Library, 189 Greenwood Ave., Bethel.
"This presentation will show you what to plant, when to get started, and how to prepare for a bountiful harvest. Learn about perennial and annual herbs, alliums, 'cut and come again' greens, seasonal staples, canning and cold storage," Mary's newsletter says. The photo above is from Mary's newsletter.

Mary also is part of the Register's Community Media Lab.

Would you like to join the Community Media Lab? Let me know!





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home