Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seeking vegetarian recipes

Do I dare admit it?
Sometimes being a vegetarian can be boring.
I take full responsibility for this, as I know I work very hard and have lots of non-work responsibilities too but that’s no excuse. Lots of folks balance it all, grow their own food and eat well without taking shortcuts.
I take shortcuts.
That means not many breakfasts made in my house. At least not by me. Don’t get me wrong - I love pancakes as much as the next person - but think of all those carbs. Plus, the five people who live there are all on different schedules and any cooking is usually done late and never early.
So if I am going to make something vegetarian lately, fast and simple is the key word in any recipe. And I am trying to avoid - for now anyway - anything that contains wheat or yeast. (including cereal)
That means egg-white omelettes are a staple - with lots of veggies tossed in. I tend to buy frozen, then mix them up and store overnight in fridge, so they cook quickly if I make something in the morning.
Yet, there is nothing so exciting in a veggie omelette.
Especially if that also serves as dinner. And if often does, if my older daughter, who is a kitchen whiz, decides not to make one of her specialties, such as vegetarian curry.
That brings me to the point of this post.
Does anyone have a quick and easy vegetarian recipe they would like to share?
If so, send it along to hbennettharvey@nhregister.com and we will post it here.
We know there are lots of committed vegetarians out there and we would love to share what you know.

And what you eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home