Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

'Hemingway & Gellhorn' Did they or didn't they?

Of course my husband tuned into "Hemingway & Gellhorn."
I know few people who are more literate than he is.
Sigh, it's tough to keep up with sometimes. He makes references to "The Great Gatsby" that swoop right over my head. He knows a lot about pretty much any great novel, in fact.
So the Hemingway story, lauded as exploring "his great love" according to NBC 4 actually was no surprise in my house. (Heck, I love HBO and loved "Hills Like White Elephants" since I was a kid despite its weighty subject)
So what was the surprise?
How disappointing the movie was. And I think it was Nicole Kidman.
Don't get me wrong, I think she's great and gorgeous.
But I also think she was not right for this part - or was encouraged to play it too wide-eyed. (See photo)
What bad-ass war correspondent would have that look for even a second?
I seriously doubt any would. And the movie so far seemed full of such moments.
I'll give it another chance though just as a nod to passion, romance and great writers. (Plus, as I noted, I love HBO. I very rarely watch anything other than it and news)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home