Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Alicia Silverstone the 'Bear' mama gives eagle mama a run for best mother

I love Alicia Silverstone.
That, of course, means I am an Alicia Silverstone fan.
I don't know her. We're not Facebook friends and I don't even follow her on Twitter. (At least not yet)
But I loved "Clueless" back in the day and a couple things she has done since then.
Who knew I would ever think of the eagle mama (below), however, when learning news about Alicia.
Alas, Alicia is in the headlines and it's because she is being compared to a mother bird when it comes to childcare. She is apparently chewing food for her (very cute) baby, whose name is Bear, and spitting it into his mouth, according to theage.com, and, well, numerous other news sources.
To note that folks think this is a strange habit would be an understatement.
But here she is (thank you Hollywood Gossip:

Alicia says on her blog: "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating."
And here's what I have to say about that: Who cares?
So it's a little weird.
There is not one among us who has not fed our children off a spoon or fork we were eating from, and I have read that's how mouth bacteria ends up in all of our mouths. Thanks mom.
But in the long wrong, in a world where people still obnoxiously object to mothers breast feeding babies in public, I am glad this quirky habit of a woman who lives "The Kind Life" has attracted some attention to a vegan!
Not so clueless after all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home