Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

'Hunger Games' Checking out the menu anyone?

One of my kids laughed when I asked what the "Hunger Games" are.
Am I hopelessly out of touch? (Who isn't, really?)
But then she told me the story of this story.
Can you say "Logan's Run"?
Did I give too much away?
Probably not.
Anyone who is going to see this movie already knows the story. It's a true food fight. Meets reality TV.
The film "has sold more advance tickets than any other non-sequel, says Fandango," according to John Young at insidemovies.ew.com.
Good for Lions Gate.
But I am curious about the popularity of a story in which people must fight to the death for food.
People across the world already are starving every day. Their stories are rarely really told.


Photo courtesy of hungergames.uk downloads


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home