Blogs > Vegging Out

Helen Bennett Harvey promises that no animals were harmed in the making of this blog. Vegging Out is a recipe for a new way of life. Or at least a new way of eating. Pull up a chair. Contact me at: hbennettharvey@nhregister.com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Heart-shaped polenta with diced tomatoes


This was a tasty meal, and it was fun to make. I had a pint-sized helper in my five-year-old son. I took one package of Organic Food Merchants Polenta, basil garlic flavor. I cut it into slices, then my son used a cookie cutter to make heart shapes. I fried the polenta hearts in olive oil. In a saucepan, I warmed up one can of diced tomatoes. I put the warm, drained tomatoes on plates, added the fried polenta hearts, then sprinkled crumbled goat cheese and rosemary on each dish. (You'll have extra polenta after cutting out the heart-shapes, cut that up into small chunks and fry it in the olive oil after the decorative hearts are done for a later meal.) This was ready in about 15 minutes!
     

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home